What Is Vancity HUB
We’re a community events platform that brings people together over common interests to connect, collaborate, support and inspire one another. We have one central HUB, and four community chapters within it, spanning the fashion, music, creator, and business niches of Vancouver.
Our events take place 2-4 times a month, and can be anything from an artist meetup of 15 people in a small office, to a community block party with 100+ people.
We’re on a mission to bring Vancouver closer together and strengthen communities across the Greater Vancouver area. In doing so, we believe collectively we can have a greater positive impact on the community, while also increasing the feeling of connection that leads to happiness, inspiration, learning and collaboration.
At Vancity HUB we have 5 core values that are at the heart of everything we do as an organization. They serve as our guide and help us make decisions that align with who we are as individuals and as a team. They are:
1) Community First: with everything we do, we ask ourselves how it serves the community and adds value to our audience and customers. If it doesn’t, we won’t do it.
2) Impact Driven: through the work we do to help alleviate social isolation, to offering volunteer support in the community, to working with and promoting impactful businesses, to donating 10% of all our profits to local charities and initiatives… we’re here to have a big positive impact in the Vancouver community.
3) Creativepreneurs: we believe that with creativity and an entrepreneurial mindset, anything is possible, and that’s an exciting and optimistic way to live. So we look for these traits in the people we hire, work with, and surround ourselves with.
4) Connectors at Heart: this is who we are as people, and why we do what we do. We believe connection is so important to happiness, health and personal and professional success, so connecting folks will always be at the core of what we do as an organization.
5) Lifelong Learners: we ourselves love to learn, and always work to promote this type of mindset at our events. Learning leads to growth, and growth leads to fulfillment.